Fall Fruits over Sauteed Veal Rolls in a White Wine Sauce Recipe
This is an interesting blend of flavors, tangy gorgonzola cheese rolled in tender veal, breaded and sauteed. Finished off in the oven with a simple fruit compote as a toping, pears, apples, cranberries and onions in a port wine sauce make this a great dish. Because the veal is so thin this cooks very quickly and sauce cooks equally as quick. I hope you enjoy.
I like this with a nice wild rice side and maybe a nice spinach with a mushroom champagne vinaigrette salad.
- 8 veal scallopini
- 1 small container 6 oz of gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 granny smith apple thin sliced skin on is fine with me
- 2 bosc pears thin sliced skin on
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 large shallots thin sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First is to prepare your fruit. No reason to rehydrate the cranberries, they will in the sauce. Slice your apple and Pears as well as the shallots and set to the side.
- No prepare your veal. Lightly salt and pepper both sides and stuff one side with the blue or gorgonzola cheese and roll tightly. Then roll lightly in flour. Secure with a toothpick. Melt the butter and olive oil and saute the veal wraps till brown on all sides. The veal doesn’t take very long and will continue to cook once removed. Remove the veal and cover.
- Now deglaze the pan with the shallots and cook a minute or two and then the white wine to get up all the dripping, then chicken broth, fruit, shallots, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper Cook uncovered until the fruit is done. Just takes 4-5 minutes or so. Add the veal rolls at the end just for a couple of minutes to absorb the juices and reheat.
- I like to serve over a nice wild rice.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.