Shrimp and Crab over Toasted Baguettes Recipe
This is a quick and easy appetizer. Make it ahead and then spread on lightly toasted baguettes and top with fresh crab and scallions. It is easy and quick.
This is great as an appetizer, or as a side dish to a great steak or lamb dinner or just about anything. Even a late night snack or a simple lunch.
- 5 oz of fresh shrimp diced fine (canned will work, but fresh is much better)
- 1 teaspoon of butter to saute shrimp
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 oz of lump or claw crab meat (canned is fine)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon, just a few drops of worcestershire
- Hot sauce to taste, just a few drops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 scallions chopped well, green parts only
- In a saute pan melt 1 teaspoon of butter and add the shrimp diced and garlic and cook until done. It will only take a few minutes.
- Remove shrimp, cool and chop additionally if needed. You want a fine chop.
- In a bowl mix the shrimp with the cream cheese, brandy, worcestershire, hot sauce, s/p and fresh dill and mix will. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Chop your crab meat and the scallions and set to the side.
- Toast the baguettes with a little olive oil until slightly brown and top with the chilled shrimp mixture and top with a small spoon of crab and scallions as a garnish.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.