These chocolate covered cherries are delicious. I plan on making them with milk chocolate or white chocolate for my boys on Valentine’s Day.
- 1In a medium saucepan heat cherries, agave, vanilla and almond extract to a simmer
- 2Combine arrowroot and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl to form a paste
- 3Raise heat a bit and stir the arrowroot paste into the cherry mixture with a wooden spoon (or any large spoon)
- 4Stir for about 1 minute until mixture thickens, scraping bottom of the pan with spoon, to evenly distribute the arrowroot, which can tend to settle on the bottom of the pan
- 5Remove cherry mixture from heat and set aside
- 6Melt chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat
- 7Spoon scant 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate into each of the candy molds
- 8Spoon one cherry (with some of the sauce) on top of the chocolate
- 9Cover with another scant teaspoon of chocolate
- 10Place in refrigerator to set, about 20-30 minutes
- 11Remove from refrigerator, pop candy out of molds
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.