Bruscetta with Butternut Squash with Bacon and Gruyere Recipe
This can be a great appetizer. Starter served with a great salad or a side to a nice bowl of soup or stew. To me a nice pork stew or a simple potato soup would be perfect.
This is quick and easy. Some simple roasted squash added with some onions, sauteed bacon as a topping and cheese. All can be made ahead and put together minutes before you serve it.
It is simple and so flavorful. You could also use pancetta if you didn’t like bacon or even turkey bacon. Gruyere is my choice, swiss or even a provolone or other cheeses will work.
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into 1-1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 large onion cut in half and then thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Additional salt and pepper for sauteing the onions
- 1/2 lb bacon diced and sauteed until brown and crisp
- 2 cups of grated gruyere or swiss or your favorite cheese to top the baguettes
- Working on it … CHOW won’t let me save right now … will update when I get back online.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.