Sweet Yellow Tomato Pasta Sauce Over Spaghetti With Pancetta Recipe
This is amazingly quick and easy, sweet and a bit of spice. Healthy but still hearty. I serve this a whole wheat pasta and a little pancetta.
- 8 medium yellow tomatoes diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon or a dash of red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (1 for the sauce; 1 for a garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (2 to saute the tomatoes, and 1 to saute the pancetta and shallots)
- 1 lb whole wheat pasta, I like just spaghetti, but use your favorite
- 1 cup of chopped pancetta
- 2 large shallots diced fine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 scallions diced fine
- Chop the tomatoes, pancetta, shallots, and scallions. Add the tomatoes and garlic to a large pan with the olive oil and saute on medium low for about 10-15 minutes until soft. Once the tomatoes are soft and broken apart add the basil, parsley, red pepper, sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a seperate pan saute the shallots and pancetta in olive oil until the pancetta is browned. Add salt and pepper is needed and chicken broth.
- While the tomatoes and the pancetta simmer, cook the pasta according to directions.
- Drain the pasta and toss the pasta with the pancetta and onion mixture. Then top with the tomato sauce. Garnish with some scallions and parsley and possibly a drizzle of good olive oil.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.