Roast chicken with pancetta and olives Recipe
This reciepe was given to me by a friend after i commented to him that this is the best roast chicken ever.
- a 3lb chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 inch thick slice pancetta cut into 1 inch pieces
- 12 oil cured olives pitted.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbls chopped rosemary and thyme
- teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 10 cloves garlic peeled, left whole
- teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- combine oil,salt and chopped herbs annd hot pepper flakes. Rub onto chicken and let marinate 1/2 hour
- preheat oven to 475 ,place chicken on small sheet pan place pancetta and garlic cloves on chicken pieces. Roast for 20 min. Add white wine and roast anothew 15 min , add olives and continue to roast about 8 mis or until chicken is done to 185degrees. Allow to rest for 10 min and serve
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.