This has hints of the caribbean with the mango but also a hit of heat with the pepper jelly. It is a bold sense of flavors, but served over a very simple jasmine rice, balances out the flavors. Salmon is very quick cooking and the mango salad is just made fresh. Jasmine rice also is so readily available these days and found right in your grocery store.
I hope you enjoy!
- 1I like to make the salsa first and let it set for a bit to absorb all the flavors. In a medium size bowl, mix the mango, scallions, red peppers, jalapeno, lime juice, cumin and cucumber is you decide too. I think it adds a great flavor. Cover and set in the refrigerator to cool. I like to serve this close to room temperature with the fish.
- 2Now the salmon. Put the salmon on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or foil to bake. I like to brush the top of the salmon with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. While the salmon gets to room temperature … lets make the vodka glaze.
- 3Saute the shallot in 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Add the vodka to deglaze the pan. Add the cumin, salt, pepper, orange juice and pepper jelly. Cook 5 minutes or so until it slightly thickens.
- 4To cook the salmon … use a inside grill pan, outside grill or even the oven. Brush with the jelly glaze continually as the fish cooks. I like to cook on medium high or 400 in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes until flakey. I don’t like to over cook mine.
- 5I like to serve this over Jasmine rice and topped with my mango salsa.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.