I’m not sure if this is Asian, Caribbean or California cuisine. It is a bit of it all. It is a spicy Asian citrus dressing with fresh grilled shrimp, scallops, avacados and mango with fresh scallions and red peppers, jicama and fresh baby arugula. It is a great combination of warm and cold. This can be served warm, room temperature or even chilled. Personally I enjoy it warm but it is strictly up to you.
Sometimes a nice hearty salad is good, but also healthy. This is also great served with some homemade soup and a a nice bread.
- 1A few steps but well worth this. I make the dressing first and set aside. I mix the oil, mustard, honey, cilantro, salt and pepper, soy, lime juice and red pepper flakes. Mix well and store chilled until ready to use.
- 2Then marinade the shrimp and scallops, At least 1 hour … no more than 3. Just mix the lime, olive oil, salt and pepper and garlic. Mix in a large baggie, add the shrimp and scallops and keep in the refrigerator to marinade.
- 3Now prepare the veggies. In a small bowl, thin slice your red pepper, jicama, scallions, onion, arugula, and cucumber. Now make the couscous and cover and set to the side. I like to make it a large bowl. Just add the boiling broth or water to the bowl cover with a lid or saran wrap until ready to use. 5 minutes later the couscous is done. Right before mixing with your seafood and vegetables, Mix with a fork to “fluff.” Also … remove the dressing to let come to room temperature.
- 4Also prepare the fruit, just skin removed from the mango and avacado, and cut in large pieces for the mango and in half for the avacado. Drizzle with olive oil, s/p and place on an inside or outside grill pan. Also put the scallops and shrimp on as well. They only takes minutes. Don’t over cook the seafood.
- 5Now … lightly chop the warm grilled fruit. Just rough chopped. Add the seafood to the couscous with all the vegetables and dressing and toss well. Last minute add the grilled fruit.
- 6Serve and ENJOY!!!!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.