I really don’t cook Mexican that much but I seem to be on a roll. I’m heading to a Super Bowl Party and decided to make some grilled stuffed poblanos. I make some stuffed with a great sausage mix but decided to mix it up a bit. So I had one poblano at home, 1 sausage pattie, 1 corn of cob some cheese and this is what I did. I absolutely loved it. My neighbor came over and tried a bite and couldn’t eat enough.
This pepper is cut in half, stuffed, and just grilled for just 10 minutes. Everything is pre cooked so it is just warming it up, and cooking the pepper slightly. I just cut in 2-3 bites per pepper and amazing.
It is a little work, but trust me … well worth it.
- 1First roast the corn. I cleaned the corn and then drizzled with olive oil salt and pepper. Just cooked at 425 for 10-15 minutes in the oven. Grill works just as well. Once lightly brown but not overdone, remove and cool. Cut the kernels off the corn.
- 2In your food processor or your mini food chopper puree the corn with a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Add a little salt and pepper.
- 3Now in a large saute pan, cook the sausage. I like a spicy Italian, but use whatever you enjoy. Cook until brown and then remove and drain.
- 4In the same pan … as the sausage drains and cools, add the corn and cook 2-3 minutes, add the onion and let cook 3-4 minutes. In the mean time mash your black beans. I use a potato masher or you can use a fork. Anything that is easy. Then add to the onions and corn mixture and add the salsa and seasoning and herbs. Cook 2-3 minutes to combine. Add the sausage and remove and cool.
- 5Break up the muffins and beat the eggs. Add the muffins, eggs and 2 cups cheese to the meat and vegetable mixture. Mix well.
- 6Now … cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and ribs (where the heat is) and stuff with our sausage and corn mixture. Top with extra cheese and cook on 400 for 20 minutes in the oven or grill for 15-20 minutes depending on your grill till the cheese is melted and the peppers slightly soft.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.