A Florida Valentines Breakfast Recipe
Fresh slices of mango, avacado and pineapple, all grilled over a toasted croissant served with fresh proscuitto slices, fresh paper thin sliced shallots and yummy scrambled eggs with gruyere and fresh herbs.
This is easy quick and a great breakfast. Make on a grill or a grill pan or just in a skillet. I used a inside grill pan. Serve with the champagne and fresh blueberries and raspberries and a dash of chamboard and a sweet card, a single rose and you can’t get much better guys or girls. To me this is a perfect morning breakfast … Romantic, sweet, easy, caring and great. I would love it. This serves 2, but by all means make more …
- 2 croissants cut in half
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon all purpose seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup gruyere cheese (swiss will work) grated
- 1/2 teaspoon each tarragon and parsley
- 4 slices of proscuitto
- 1 avacado thin sliced
- 1 mango thin sliced
- 2-3 slices of pineapple thin sliced
- 1 large shallot very thin sliced
- Olive oil to grill fruit
- 1 tablespoon herbed cream cheese or herbed cheese
- Chives as a garnish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter to scramble eggs
- First grill fruit … I like to use an inside grill pan but a saute pan or outside grill will work too. Just brush with olive oil salt and pepper. Lightly grill till you have grill marks on each side. Not overdone, just a light grill flavor. Should only take a minute or two per side. Remove and cool.
- Grill the croissant. Either use a grill pan, saute pan, grill or toaster, anything works, just lightly brown then spread a little of the herbed cream cheese or herbed cheese on it for flavor.
- In a small pan melt some butter. In a bowl mix your eggs, salt and pepper and all purpose seasoning and wisk. I like to add 2 tablespoons of water … yes water, it makes the eggs fluffy. Scramble in the saute pan with the melted butter on medium low until mostly done. I like mine wet. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley and tarragon. Use as much as you want.
- Add 1 slice of proscuitto, then the fruit, shallots slices just a couple of rings, proscuitto then gruyere, eggs, and top with more gruyere. Add some fresh chives for flavor as a garnish if you like. ENJOY!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.