Pan Sauted Chick Peas, Garlic, Rosemary and Roasted Red Peppers Recipe
This is a quick side dish which is healthy and very inexpensive. I love it with some pork tenderloin or some grilled chicken. It is a great alternative to rice and potatoes but equally as healthy. To serve 4 I use 2 cans but very few other ingredients and a quick stir fry in some olive oil and ready to go. This lightly mashed makes a great spread on baguettes as well as an appetizer. Please always feel free to add any additional ingredients such as olives, herbs, sundried tomatoes, etc. The combinations are endless … just use your imagnation. It is the main technique which starts new and exciting recipes.
- 2 cans 15 oz cans chick peas or garbonzo beans
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3-4 large roasted red peppers thin sliced
- 1/4 cup crunched up garlic croutons
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (1 to saute; and 1 for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley for a garnish
- In a large saute pan melt butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Saute on medium high the onion and garlic until soft, 3-4 minutes. Add peppers, chick peas, rosemary, salt and pepper and saute until all combined. Cook 5-10 minutes on medium to blend the flavors.
- Remove from heat and before serving add any additional salt and pepper and mix in the croutons. Serve and top with the last drizzle of olive oil, fresh parsley and fresh ground pepper.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.