Mexican Coleslaw Recipe
I’m not too sure how I have been making so many Mexican dishes but just enjoyed a few. This is a simple slaw I liked because I hate mayo based slaws so this was a treat. It went great with my quesadillas, Mexican meatloaf rings and sloppy joes over cornbread. I love this. It is quick and easy. You can easy cut this in half if you want. But it last for a couple of days. This is amazing over grilled chicken brest sandwiches or over BBQ hoagies. Amazing. Or just as a side. For a family of four it goes quick.
- 1 bag of pre shredded cabbage and carrots (coleslaw mix)
- 1 small can 3-4 oz green chilies
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 can of sliced of halved black olives
- 2 ripe avacados diced
- 1 celery stalk diced fairly fine
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 mango (optional) diced adds a great flavor if available
- 1 cup salsa, I like to used a medium spice, but use your favorite
- 1/2 cup oil (dressing)
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar (dressing)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (dressing)
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (dressing)
- 1/2 tablespoon TabascoÂ® sauce (dressing)
- Salt and pepper to taste (dressing)
- Dash of chili powder (dressing)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (dressing)
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 whole lime to squeeze over the salad
- Add the first eight ingredients to a bowl (nine if you are adding mango). Trust me take advantage of pre diced onions or celery I do at times. Not always, but we all need shortcuts now and then. Mix all the veggies and beans well.
- Make the dressing. I just make mine in a ziplock bag, add everything seal and shake … how easy. Pour over the slaw and toss well. I add the cilantro and lime at the end and toss.
- Serve with anything … not just Mexican. Love it with my Sloppy Joes or my Mexican Meatloaf tings. A great side even for BBQ chicken.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.