Romaine Hearts with Olives, Avacado and a Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette Recipe
I call this Mexican at time, but I also serve this all the time. It is a great healthy salad with a light dressing. Great with just about Everything. Make the dressing ahead and then just make the salad that night. It couldn’t be easier. But it has amazing flavor
- 2 hearts of romaine chopped
- 1 small can of black olives halved (feel free to use as many as you want)
- 2 avacados chopped
- 2 large scallions thin sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 crunched up garlic croutons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the dressing first. Ok, I take a short cut … I make this in a baggie. Yep a baggie. Add the lime juice, olive oil garlic, garlic, honey, oregano, salt and pepper and shake. Yep that is it. Taste add a little salt and pepper if you want. Just keep in the refrigerator.
- Ok … if you want add some red pepper flakes to the dressing to add a kick, just optional … it is up to you.
- Now the salad, Mix in a large bowl the romaine, avacado, shallots, olives and cilantro. Add the dressing and top with the crushed croutons. Perfect Salad!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.