Mexican Black Beans Recipe
To me when I have Mexican or even when I don’t this is a simple side dish that is so quick and easy and healthy. If I’m late and no time to cook, Grill up some chicken with my Mexican spice and serve this as a side and it is a hit. Everyone loves it and it is simple.
The smokiness of bacon and cumin and a hint of spice over rice makes it quick and easy.
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1/2 cup salsa any kind (I used mild)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lime (Optional)
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon to sautee onion and garlic
- 6 cups of white rice (your favorite is fine ... (personally I use the boil in a bag) Tacky I know but I need shortcuts and for this it is fine.
- In a medium saute pan with olive oil on medium, saute onion and garlic, then add the beans, DO NOT drain or rinse, add the cumin, chili powder, any salt and pepper to your taste.
- Let it cook 15-30 minutes on low. I just let it cook while I am making the rest of my dinner. It is fine all by itself.
- Before serving, stir in the cilantro and a squeeze of lime if you have it. It is not necessary, I just like it. Optional. I serve this over any white rice (your favorite).
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.