Chicken Potato Chowder Recipe
This tasty chowder will be a guaranteed hit with any crowd!
- 5 - 7 medium-large sized potatoes
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1 c. shredded cheese
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom condensed soup
- 1 lb. boneless / skinless chicken breast
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- Diced garlic (1 clove fresh, 1.5 tbsp. canned)
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon
- 2 small-medium or 1 large onion, finely diced
- Peel and cut potatoes into small cubes (approximately 1/2"). Put potatoes into 5 quart stock pot with 3 quarts boiling water. Add 1 – 1 1/2 tsp. salt. Allow to boil for approximately 45 minutes.
- While the water is boiling, fry bacon over medium – medium-low heat, saving 2 – 4 tbsp. bacon grease. Cut or crumble bacon into small bits and add to boiling potatoes.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and sauté with onions(s) and garlic in 2 -4 tbsp. bacon grease over medium heat (for lower fat recipe, vegetable / canola / olive oil can be substituted for bacon grease). Do not overcook chicken. Add to stock pot with boiling water and potatoes and stir gently. Add 1 tsp. ground black pepper.
- Add 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup, garlic salt, and chicken bouillon and stir gently until thoroughly mixed. Add 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup and stir gently until thoroughly mixed. Stir in corn. Stir in shredded cheese gradually until melted.
- Turn heat to low-medium, cover, and simmer for 1 – 2 hours. Enjoy!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.