Braised Sweet Sausage Recipe
6 to 8 servings
This dish is a take on one of my favorite family recipes, with breakfast sausages replacing fresh kielbasa. The sweet-savory maple coating pairs equally well with pancakes, waffles, or French toast.
This recipe was featured as part of our Cold-Weather Comfort Food menu.
- 1 1/2 pounds pork breakfast sausage links
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest (from 1/2 orange)
- Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Arrange sausage links in a single layer in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Combine orange juice, syrup, and zest in a small bowl. Pour juice mixture over sausage links and turn to coat.
- Roast until browned and caramelized, turning halfway through, about 40 minutes.