The Perfect Valentines Breakfast!! This isn’t really to hard to make but takes a little work. When I was married sometimes I like to treat him to a nice lunch or breakfast rather than going out to spend a fortune on one of the busiest holidays of the year. You could make an amazing seafood lunch or steak dinner for 1/3 the cost. But breakfast I think is very romantic.
This dish is a classic dish with a California twist and then served in a brandy glass or large wine glass. It is fun different and unique. A great way to spend a special day with a friend or loved one.
- 1First thing is to toast your bread and cut in cubes about 1/2’ pieces. Also prep your avacado, and set to the side.
- 2Secondly, saute the pancetta in a small non stick skillet, after a couple of minutes and the shallot and cook until soft and the pancetta is slightly crispy. Should only take a few minutes. Set to the side.
- 3Now the sauce. In a small sauce pan melt the butter then add the flour to make a roux. Cook a minute and then add the milk. Bring up to medium heat to thicken the sauce. (This is a basic white sauce) Then add the wine and cook until warm, add some salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and keep covered. Right before you serve the sauce add the lemon and dill and stir.
- 4Now the eggs as the sauce cooks. I like to make mine in a large 2 or 3’ deep fry pan. Fill with approximately 2" of water and add the vinegar and some salt and bring to a medium heat … almost boiling. Slowly drop in one egg at a time. The vinegar will keep the eggs together. PUT THE LID on, turn off the heat and let simmer 3 minutes. Perfect every time!
- 5Now to put the glasses together. Fill each brandy glass or wine glass with 1 slice of the bread cubes, top with a spoon of the pancetta and onion mix, then top with a spoon of the avacado. Top with a poached egg and then drizzle with 1/4 cup of the white wine and lemon dill sauce.
- 6This is a perfect morning breakfast. Remember the sauce except for the lemon and dill could be made ahead. Also the pancetta and onion mix as well and just heated up in the microwave. So don’t panic, it is absolutely great!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.