Stuffed Grape Tomatoes with Proscuitto, Spinach and Goat Cheese Recipe
I love tomatoes … I wanted to come up with an easy but unique way to use these beautiful grape tomatoes my friend grows and to use some leftover goat cheese from a pasta dish I had made. Well this was it.
This is a great finger food for a party, just one bite of a sweet and tangy flavor. Even though the filling if very small in the tomatoes it is an unbelievable taste.
- 36 grape tomatoes, hollowed out
- 1 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1/8 cup proscuitto fine diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill chopped
- 1/8 cup black olives chopped
- 1/8 cup spinach (frozen, thawed and drained and chopped fine)
- To prepare the tomatoes … cut a small circle around the stem part of the tomato and remove. Take a small spoon (actually the handle end) to scoop out some of the tomato. I found this works best. But use whatever works best for you. A small pearing knife will work too.
- Lets make the filling. Mix the goat cheese, the spinach (make sure you squeeze it well to remove all the liquid), the dill, black olives, and proscuitto.
- Fill the tomatoes. I put the mixture in a small baggie and cut a opening at the bottom point. This way you can squeeze the mixture into the tomato.
- Chill and serve. I like to serve these in just a decorative bowl. They are pretty and colorful and go absolutely great at parties. ENJOY!!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.