Winter, cold weather and what most people crave is True Comfort Food. Good hearty warm meals we all enjoy. Well this is one of them. This is one that can easily be made in the crock pot for those who would like this on a busy week day.
And yes … I am using a can of mushroom soup. I am definitely not a fan of creamed soups in my dishes, however this really works and it is still a favorite of mine.
Serve this with horshradish potatoes and chives and some baby peas with a herb butter. To me it can’t get much better. Enjoy!
- 1First prepare the meat. Dredge each piece of the round steak in a mix of the flour, s/p and then place between saran wrap and pound until faily thin.
- 2Then in a large frying pan, melt the butter on medium to medium high heat and saute the meat on each side until lightly brown, Remove to a plate while you saute the onions and peppers.
- 3In the same pan add a little bit more butter and saute the onions, peppers and mushrooms and cook 3-4 minutes until lightly soft.
- 4In a bowl, mix the broth, soup, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, worscestershire, herbs, salt, and pepper. Add to the pan and then top with the meat. Gently fold to make sure the meat is covered by the sauce. Reduce the temperature to low and simmer for 2 hours.
- 5Serve with some horseradish mashed potatoes and baby peas. True Comfort Food at it’s best!!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.