Romaine with Black Beans, Avacado and a Lime Vinaigrette Recipe
Quick and easy with a bit of a Mexican flare. Healthy and simple.
- 3 heads of Romaine hearts
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion cut in half and thin sliced
- 1 large ripe avacado diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon chili powder (according to how spicy you like it)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the romaine, beans, avacado and red onion and set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients for the dressing and drizzle over salad and toss.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.