What a fun and elegant way to serve potatoes. A simple, but fun cheesy potato that will be the show stopper on a plate. Serve this with a perfect grilled steak, maybe some pork tenderloin or serve it as the centerpiece on your plate with a hearty beef or lamb stew surrounding it. Have fun.
It takes just a few more minutes that same ol’ mashed potatoes but well worth it.
- 1Peel, quarter your potatoes and boil in salted water until for tender. Drain and then return to the pot on the stove to lightly dry the potatoes so all the water is out of them.
- 2Mash the potatoes well. If you have a potato ricer use that, just make sure they are finely mashed with no lumps.
- 3Now make the egg mixture. Beat the eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper until fluffy.
- 4Add the scallions and parsley to the potatoes and then gently fold in the egg mixture.
- 5Spray a muffin tin with Pam and fill each cup 3/4 to almost full. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes on the middle rack, then reduce to 425 and cook 15 minutes more. The last minute I sprinkle the cheese on top and return to the oven to melt. Let cool a few minutes before removing from the tin.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.