This seems like a lot of ingredients, but really it is just 3 components. A simple vinaigrette, a easy marinated grilled chicken and a great hearty salad. It serves 4 hungry people and is perfect served with a nice hearty loaf of sourdough.
The marinade is best made the night before and the blue cheese vinaigrette as well. That way it is quick and easy. Even though it is a salad it is hearty and filling and also being healthy is a good thing.
I broke the recipe down into those ingredients marked for either the marinade for the chicken, the salad itself, or the vinaigrette.
I hope you enjoy!!
- 1First thing is to marinade the chicken. Mix the first 7 ingredients in a large baggie, add the chicken and mix well to coat the chicken. Let set over night.
- 2Then lets make the Gorgonzola vinagrette. Add the next 7 ingredients. Garlic, sugar, herbs, salt and pepper and red wine vinegar. Wisk well. Slowly add the olive oil and wisk to encorporate it and make a light emulsion. Then add the blue cheese and wisk lightly. Cover and refrigerate for later.
- 3Now the salad. Slice the pear and apple, figs and shallots, Chop the romaine and mix all together. Add the walnuts and toss and set to the side for later.
- 4Now grill the chicken. Grill on medium heat, on a inside grill pan or saute pan or on the outside grill Grill 10-12 minutes on a medium heat until done. You can make a small slice to make sure that the juices run clear. Then let it set before slicing.
- 5Toss the salad mixture with 1/2 of the vinaigrette, Then top each plate with some of the salad then a single sliced breast on top of the salad on each plate. Top with a little more vinaigrette and some additional cheese crumbles. I also enjoy a couple of simple croutons crunched up on top for some texture.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.