Sweet Paprika Aioli Recipe
Aioli, a garlicky mayonnaise hailing from Provence, is commonly used as a gourmet sandwich condiment. This version with sweet paprika is great on a sandwich, as a dip, or dolloped on broiled mussels for a quick cocktail party appetizer.
Game plan: The aioli can be made up to 4 days ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container. For a slacker solution, fold the garlic, mustard, and paprika into good-quality store-bought mayonnaise.
- 2 medium garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine garlic, egg, and mustard in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. Process until evenly combined, about 10 seconds.
- With the processor running, slowly add oil in a thin stream until completely combined, about 2 minutes. Stop the processor, add remaining ingredients, and pulse until thoroughly mixed. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and pulse until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Let sit for at least 30 minutes before using.