Simply Grilled Romaine Salad with a Parmesan Bread Crust Recipe
This is a 2 minute salad. Tired of everyday salad … I’m sure this has been done 100 ways, but this a great simple quick salad. I am a firm believer that if a salad benefits and is complimented by a particular dressing to use that, but for me … every day greens should be eaten with your favorite dressing.
I find this great with a creamy blue cheese, a blue cheese vinaigrette, a simple balsamic or just a plain Italian. My friend loves it with Ranch. Please feel free to use your favorite.
This is a slightly warm but still crispy salad that is great with just about any main dish.
Please note … I like to top mine with a little parmesan mixed with some bread crumbs right at the end to give it a crunch, but it is not necessary. It is just as good without it.
- 1 bag of romaine hearts cut lengthwise in half.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/4 cup dried Italian bread crumbs
- A nice Balsamic dressing or your favorite dressing
- Simply cut the Romaine hearts in half lengthwise, keep the end in tact so it stays together. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill for 2 minutes leaf side down then flip and grill the cut side down for another minute.
- Mix just a teaspoon of olive oil, the parmesan and bread crumbs in a small bowl.
- Remove the Romaine to the top shelf of the grill or to a piece of foil and top so the bottom doesn’t cook much more … and top with the parmesan bread crumb mixture on the cut side, close the lid for just a minute or 2 until the cheese starts to melt. Serve and top with your favorite dressing.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.