Tex-Mex Strada Recipe
I make “KILLER SALSA” in Gardnerville, Nevada and make this recipe for Brunch or sometimes dinner. Make it the day before and let the flavors go together and bake just before serving. Serve with fruit salad and you will get raves!! I have used Jimmy Dean Sausage or Hot Italian sausage.
- 1 # HOT Sausage
- 1/2 c. green onion tops
- 12- 6 inch corn tortillas
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 c milk
- 1 cup KILLER SALSA (I like FIRE ROASTED TOMATO)
- 1 large can diced ortega chiles
- Brown sausage with green onions. Drain excess grease.Layer 4 corn tortillas in greased 8x 12 pan. Top with half of sausage mixture and 1 c. cheese.Repeat to form second layer. Top this layer with remaining 4 tortillas.
- Combine eggs, milk, KILLER SALSA, and diced chiles in bowl.Pour over layers and top with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with extra Killer salsa.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.