Peanut Butter and Grape Jelly Toast, The Greatest Comfort Food! Recipe
While I was recovering from my uvulaectomy, one of the things I was craving while I was on my liquid diet of Ensure and chicken broth was my all time favorite snack/comfort food. It’s quick, simple and delicious. That craving would be Peanut Butter and Grape Jelly on Toast! Homemade Wholewheat toast if you have it.
- 2 Slices Toasted Bread
- 2 to 4 Tbls Peanut Butter
- 2 to 4 Tbls Grape Jam or Jelly
- Toast your bread of choice. I didn’t have any homemade whole wheat handy so I used a great Italian loaf sliced about an inch and a quarter thick.
- Spread a liberal amount of peanut butter on the toast. If I use a toaster oven I usually slide it back in to keep warm.
- Finish with a liberal amount of grape jam or jelly. I prefer the jam, it has a bit more body to it.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.