Bea's Best Banana Bread Recipe
Hi, This is a family recipe that my mother, Bea, has been making for years. The banana bread is moist and delicious.
- I Cup Sugar
- I Cup Margarine or Butter if you prefer
- Cream Together the butter and the sugar
- Add in order: 3 Mashed very ripe bananas, 2 unbeaten eggs
- Combine: 2 Cups Flour, 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt, 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda. Add to sugar/margarine, egg, and banana mixture.
- Add 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla. Optional 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Put in Cold Oven at 325 degrees for 1 hour twenty minutes, but it is good to check this after about 1 hour and ten minutes
- Makes one large or two small loaves
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.