Creamy, easy and filling. Served with crusty bread and simple salad or filet of beef makes it a wonderful lunch or dinner. Can easily be doubled or tripled and reheats beautifully. Variations: Swap with Cheddar and Apples, Grapes and Camberet or Brie and Apples, etc.
- 1Melt 3 TBSP of butter over medium heat.
- 2Add onions and garlic, cook until onions are slightly softened.
- 3Add potatoes, stir to coat with butter. Cook 5 minutes.
- 4Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft (about 30 minutes). Allow to cool slightly.
- 5Puree soup in food processor.
- 6Add cream and gently reheat soup.
- 7Stir in cheese and adjust seasoning. If too thick, thin with stock.
- 8Heat 1 TBSP butter over medium high heat.
- 9Add pears and Bacon, sprinkle with sugar. Saute until slightly caramelized.
- 10Garnish soup with pears and bacon.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.