Roasted Onion and Gorgonzola Soup Recipe
Creamy, easy and filling. Served with crusty bread and simple salad or filet of beef makes it a wonderful lunch or dinner. Can easily be doubled or tripled and reheats beautifully. Variations: Swap with Cheddar and Apples, Grapes and Camberet or Brie and Apples, etc.
- 2 small baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 1/2 oz Gorgonozla, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 TBSP butter
- 2 Large Onions, Large Dice
- 1 Large or 2 small Pears
- Melt 3 TBSP of butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic, cook until onions are slightly softened.
- Add potatoes, stir to coat with butter. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft (about 30 minutes). Allow to cool slightly.
- Puree soup in food processor.
- Add cream and gently reheat soup.
- Stir in cheese and adjust seasoning. If too thick, thin with stock.
- Heat 1 TBSP butter over medium high heat.
- Add pears and Bacon, sprinkle with sugar. Saute until slightly caramelized.
- Garnish soup with pears and bacon.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.