- 1Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- 2Cream shortening with sugar [1 and 1/2 cups] and anise seeds until fluffy
- 1Beat in eggs one at a time.
- 1Mix in flour [1 cup at a time] and brandy until well blended.
- 2Turn dough out on a floured board and pat or roll to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 1Cut into circles, 2 -3 inches wide, using cookie cutter.
- 2Dust with a mixture of 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 1Cool on rack.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.