This is a healthy, moist and gluten free Christmas Cake (fruit cake).
- 1Wash the orange and boil it whole (peel and all) for 1 ½ hours, or until soft
- 2Place whole orange (peel and all) in a food processor and blend until smooth
- 3Process in eggs, agave, almond extract, almond flour, salt and baking soda until well blended
- 4Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in cranberries, apricots, pistachios and walnuts
- 5Pour mixture into a greased, almond flour dusted 9 inch springform pan
- 6If cake begins to brown on top before center is done, cover with tin foil
- 7Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes, or until a knife stuck in the center comes out clean
- 8Cool in the pan for 2 hours
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.