Holy Hanabero Hot Wings Recipe
After years of tasting wings of every variety, this sauce originated with a small bottle of Marie Sharp’s as inspiration.
- 2.5 lbs. chicken wing pieces
- 3-5 Tbl. Marie Sharp's Fiery Hot Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1/3 cup melted butter (clarified)
- 1/2 cup FRANK'S® REDHOT® Sauce
- 1 Large sealable container (Tupperware, etc.)
- Melt the butter slowly. Let it sit for a bit to separate. Skim off the foam that rises to the top, and gently pour the butter off of the milk solids, which have settled to the bottom.
- Combine Habanero Sauce, Clarified Butter and Hot sauce in the container and close. Shake gently to mix.
- Deep Fry Wings at 375°F for 10 minutes
- Remove wings and pat dry.
- Pour wings into container and close. Shake gently until all wings are covered.
- (if the bag will not hold all wings, you can do this in two parts)
- Recipe variation: Add 1/3 cup of bleu cheese dressing in with the wing sauce. Shake over wings to coat.
Recipe variation: Grill 20-25 minutes over MEDIUM heat. Shake and serve.
- Serve with Bleu Cheese dressing, celery and carrots.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.