Honey-Mustard Snack Mix
The ultimate snack mix is crunchy, sweet, and salty all at once. This one is loaded with pretzels, bagel chips, and sesame sticks coated in a buttery mixture of mustard and honey, and it fits the bill.
What to buy: We used Colman’s mustard powder for this recipe. It can be found at most grocery stores.
Game plan: The snack mix can be made up to 5 days ahead and stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
This recipe was featured as part of both our Super Bowl Party Playbook menu and our Tailgating Recipes photo gallery.
- 7 cups plain bagel chips, broken in half
- 6 cups pretzel sticks
- 3 cups sesame sticks
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted
- 1 1/4 cups honey
- 3/4 cup mustard powder
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- 2Mix together bagel chips, pretzel sticks, and sesame sticks in a large bowl until evenly combined; set aside.
- 3Mix together butter, honey, mustard powder, and salt in a medium bowl until smooth and well combined. Pour over pretzel mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- 4Scatter snack mix in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Bake, stirring occasionally, until toasted and browned, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, then break into bite-size pieces.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved