Honey-Mustard Snack Mix Recipe
The ultimate snack mix is crunchy, sweet, and salty all at once. This one is loaded with pretzels, bagel chips, and sesame sticks coated in a buttery mixture of mustard and honey, and it fits the bill.
What to buy: We used Colman’s mustard powder for this recipe. It can be found at most grocery stores.
Game plan: The snack mix can be made up to 5 days ahead and stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
- 7 cups plain bagel chips, broken in half
- 6 cups pretzel sticks
- 3 cups sesame sticks
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted
- 1 1/4 cups honey
- 3/4 cup mustard powder
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Mix together bagel chips, pretzel sticks, and sesame sticks in a large bowl until evenly combined; set aside.
- Mix together butter, honey, mustard powder, and salt in a medium bowl until smooth and well combined. Pour over pretzel mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Scatter snack mix in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Bake, stirring occasionally, until toasted and browned, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, then break into bite-size pieces.