Lentil Hummus Wrap with Pomegranate Molasses Recipe
Lentil Hummus Wrap with Pomegranate Molasses
Simple twists make for big flavor in this recipe: a little spice in the roasted vegetables, lentil instead of chickpea hummus, and tangy pomegranate molasses to top everything off.
What to buy: Pomegranate molasses is a sour, syrupy liquid that adds a tart note to this recipe. It can be found in Middle Eastern markets and in the Asian section of grocery stores.
Whole-wheat lavash comes in a hard, crackerlike form or soft like a tortilla, which is what we use here. Look for lavash in the bread aisle of your grocery store.
This recipe was featured as part of our Supercharge with Superfoods and The Most Delicious Sandwiches photo galleries.
- 2 medium purple potatoes, medium dice
- 1 medium sweet potato, medium dice
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (12-inch-by-24-inch) pieces whole-wheat lavash
- 3/4 cup Red Lentil Hummus
- 4 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- 1Heat the oven to 425°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- 2Combine potatoes, squash, oil, cumin, salt, turmeric, coriander, cinnamon, and freshly ground black pepper to taste on a baking sheet and toss to evenly coat the vegetables. Spread in a single layer and roast until vegetables are soft and browned, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly on a rack.
- 3Heat a large cast iron skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking, about 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile take lavash and cut in half horizontally. Divide vegetables evenly among lavash pieces and dollop 3 tablespoons of hummus on top. Drizzle each wrap with 1 teaspoon of the molasses.
- 5Fold the ends of the lavash into the middle, then roll burrito-style to close completely. Place a wrap in the heated skillet and toast until lavash is crispy on one side, about 2 minutes. Flip and toast the second side. Repeat with remaining wraps and serve.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved