This is incredible pulled pork and coleslaw.
- 1Grind together the dry rub ingredients and rub onto the pork. Refrigerate for as long as you can (overnight).
- 2Put the roast in a cast iron or dutch oven @ 275 (F) for 5 hours.
Remove roast, remove fat layer, shred the pork into strands.
- 3Barbecue Sauce:
Heat the oil and sweat the onion and garlic, remove from heat and add all the other ingredients, simmer for 30 minutes.
- 4Place shredded pork into the sauce you made above and return to oven for 1– 2 hours.
- 5Pulled pork–done.
- 7Chop 1/2 a cabbage
Chope 2 carrots (strands)
Chop 1/2 red onion
- 8Mix together
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tbsp dijon
1/2 lemon (juice)
1–2 tbsp smoked or hot paprika
1 tbsp cumin
1/4 cup cane sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup real mayo
1–2 garlic cloves
salt and pepper to taste
- 9Toss the dressing with the cabbage and let rest for 1/2 hour in the fridge.
- 10Slice eggbread place generous serving of pork on bun, top with coleslaw
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.