Gluten Free and Vegan Mocha Mousse Recipe
After Thanksgiving Dinner this past week my older son and I were trying to make truffles, which accidentally turned into this amazing (and VERY rich!) Vegan Mocha Mousse.
- ½ cup dark chocolate 73%
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon organic decaf coffee beans, ground
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate into coconut milk over very low heat
- Place ground coffee beans in a melita filter and pour 1/4 cup hot water over them
- Stir coffee into chocolate mixture, discarding grounds
- Stir in agave, then vanilla and almond extracts
- Spoon mousse into small individual ramekins
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours, until firm
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.