Drunken Shrimp Recipe
This quick stir-fry is ideal for a weeknight meal. If you don’t like spice, remove the seeds from the jalapeños for less of a kick. Add some sautéed bok choy to complete the meal.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 large jalapeño peppers, stemmed and thinly sliced on the bias
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemongrass stalk, tough outer layer removed and cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup vodka
- Basic Steamed White Rice, for serving
- Place the soy sauce, garlic, jalapeños, cilantro, lime juice, oil, and sugar in a shallow dish and stir to combine. Add the shrimp and lemongrass and stir to coat. Let marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat until hot, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp mixture and cook until the shrimp are bright pink, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully add the vodka. Return the pan to high heat and cook for 1 minute more or until the alcohol smell has dissipated. Remove the lemongrass pieces and serve the shrimp and sauce over steamed rice.