Herb Roasted Chicken Salad Sandwich... w/a Twist Recipe
Here is a delicious version of an “over the top” Herb Rubbed & Roasted Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe…with a twist. The twist being, I was inspired by the Herb Rubbed & Roasted Turkey Breast recipe from Chow.com’s Food Editor, Aïda Mollenkamp.
Her delicious ingredient combination was copied to prepare my Whole Herb Roasted Chicken into… Herb Roasted Chicken Salad Sandwiches. This is a wonderful way to turn Last Nights dinner extravaganza into “Show Stopper Sammie’s today.”
- . 1/2 Herb Roasted Chicken Breast (see Aida Mollenkamp's Herb Roasted Turkey Breast)
- . 1/3 cup Bermuda Onion (minced)
- . 1/3 cup Celery (thinly sliced)
- . ½ tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- . ¼ tsp Fennel seed (ground)
- . ¼ tsp dried Rosemary (ground)
- . ½ medium Lemon, zest
- . ¼ cup Kosher Dill (minced)
- . 1/3 cup sliced Almonds
- . 1 tsp. White Wine Vinegar
- . Mayo to taste
- . Red Leaf Lettuce, Lemon Wedge & Sliced Dill Pickle for garnish
- . 8 Rustic French Bread Slices Toasted Lightly (my choice)
- • Roughly Dice Chicken Breast into ½ “ segments
• Process in spice grinder… rosemary, fennel, peppercorns
- • Fold in Onion.Celery, Pickle, Lemon zest, Mayo, White Wine Vinegar & ground spices
• Lightly fold in diced Chicken Breast & Sliced Almonds
- • Cover & place in refrigerator to meld flavors for 30 min.
• Toast French Bread slices to your desired shade of beauty
- Generously mound Herb Roasted Chicken Salad on toasted/buttered French bread slices and garnish with sliced tomato, red leaf lettuce and serve with your favorite kettle chips….
and get ready for the applause to encore!!!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.