Versatile Oven-baked Spanish Tortilla
This is what I call a great leftover solution. It’s delicious, easy to make and you can adapt it with whatever it is you’ve got in the fridge or pantry. It can be served as starter, main or snack.
- 1 large onion
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 pepper
- 1 red/green chilli
- 1-2 potatoes and/or carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, spinach or other vegetable of your choice
- 3 eggs
- Parmesan, mozzarella, goats cheese or other, grated
- Honey-roasted Ham or Serrano Ham
- Salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg to taste
- 1Preheat the oven at 200 C. Heat some olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and sauté the onion, garlic, chilli and pepper. Set aside.
- 2In the same pan, heat a little more oil and add your chopped vegetables. Fry until golden and still a little firm. Pat-dry them on a paper towel.
- 3Combine the veg and the onion mixture in a bowl, adding the chopped ham and the beaten eggs. Season well and mix.
- 4Pour into an oven-prook baking glass bowl or tray. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until the egg is firm and the top of the tortilla is golden. Serve with some fresh salad or as a tapa dish.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved