Buffalo Stuffed Red Bell Peppers or Green Tomatoes Recipe
I came up with this after my red peppers ripened in the garden. Also, I had a bunch of green tomatoes that I harvested at the end of the season. The filling was what was in my fridge. It turned out great!
- 4-5 Red Bell Peppers or 8 Green Tomatoes, mix and match if you like. Choose green tomatoes that are heavy, near the edge of ripening. They have the best flavor.
- 1 C cooked jasmine or basmati rice
- 1 egg
- Halve bell peppers and remove seeds. I left the stem on for color.
- Remove top of green tomatoes and gut it out. This isn’t easy, so use a grapefruit spoon or be careful with a knife.
- Saute onions, mushrooms, garlic and eggplant in the oil and a bit of salt till onions are golden.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.