Spiced Somalian Tea Recipe
This milky tea laced with spices has a flavor akin to a light chai.
This recipe was featured as part of our Drinks Around the World story.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 crushed cardamom pods
- 5 crushed cloves
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 4 teaspoons light brown sugar
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Steep for 15 minutes, then strain into 2 (8-ounce) heatproof glasses.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved