Chocolate Prune Truffles Recipe
Along with their rich chocolate-prune flavor, these vegan truffles are packed with healthy antioxidants and quite nutritionally dense.
- 1 cup prunes, pitted
- 3/4 cup tart cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate 73%, melted over very low heat
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- Place prunes in a bowl and cover with cherry juice
- Soak for 1-2 hours
- If your prunes are hard, not juicy, you may need to heat them just a bit in the cherry juice until soft
- Place prunes and juice in food processor and pulse until smooth, about 30 seconds
- Pulse in vanilla, then melted chocolate
- Scrape mixture into a bowl and place in freezer for 30-45 minutes, until almost smooth
- Remove from freezer, and roll into 1″ balls in palm of hand
- Roll in coconut to coat
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.