Along with their rich chocolate-prune flavor, these vegan truffles are packed with healthy antioxidants and quite nutritionally dense.
- 1Place prunes in a bowl and cover with cherry juice
- 2Soak for 1-2 hours
- 3If your prunes are hard, not juicy, you may need to heat them just a bit in the cherry juice until soft
- 4Place prunes and juice in food processor and pulse until smooth, about 30 seconds
- 5Pulse in vanilla, then melted chocolate
- 6Scrape mixture into a bowl and place in freezer for 30-45 minutes, until almost smooth
- 7Remove from freezer, and roll into 1″ balls in palm of hand
- 8Roll in coconut to coat
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.