Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Once you try this easy, buttery, and distinctly vanilla-flavored frosting, you’ll never go back to the can. Use it on cakes, cupcakes, or for filling cookie sandwiches.
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Place the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on medium-high speed until fluffy and light in color, about 4 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl and the paddle with a rubber spatula.
- 2Add the powdered sugar and vanilla, return the mixer to low speed, and mix until incorporated, about 1 minute. Increase the speed to medium high and mix until the frosting is airy and thoroughly mixed, about 1 minute more. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved