I Am Giving Marinated Kale Salad
I Am Grateful: Recipes & Lifestyle of Café Gratitude
Terces Engelhart with Orchid
A tasty, ultrahealthy way to eat your dark, leafy greens.
What to buy: Hijiki seaweed and shoyu can be found at Asian markets and health food stores.
This recipe was featured as part of our Supercharge with Superfoods photo gallery.
For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Nama Shoyu
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the salad:
- 1 cup marinated shiitake mushrooms
- 4 cups shredded kale
- 1/4 cup hijiki seaweed (presoak for 2 hours, drain)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup julienne-cut cucumbers
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, for garnish
To Make the Marinade:
- 1Blend all ingredients until well combined.
For the Salad:
- 1Slice shiitake mushrooms into thin strips and marinate in 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup Nama Shoyu. Set aside.
- 2In large bowl place kale, drained hijiki, carrots, and cucumbers. Drizzle with marinade and toss until well coated. Remove shiitake mushrooms from liquid and add them to salad mixture. Toss lightly. Divide salad onto four plates and garnish with sesame seeds.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved