This recipe was part of the Food Fight: Thanksgiving Sides which ended Oct 31, 2008 12:00 AM. See winners »
SAUSAGE STUFFING Recipe
This recipe has been in my mother’s family for many years.
- 1 LB. FRESH SAUSAGE
- 1 LB COLD MASHED POTATOES
- 1 MEDIUM ONION, GRATED
- 1 WHOLE NUTMEG, GRATED
- 1 WELL BEATEN EGG
- 6 SLICES BREAD, GRATED
- MIX SAUSAGE AND MASHED POTATOES WELL
- ADD GRATED ONION AND MIX
- ADD BEATEN EGG AND MIX
- ADD GRATED NUTMEG AND MIX
- ADD GRATED BREAD AND MIX WELL
- PLACE IN 2 QUART BAKING DISH
- BAKE IN 350 DEGREE OVEN FOR 1 HOUR.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.