was part of
Food Fight: Thanksgiving Sides
which ended Oct 31, 2008 12:00 AM.
See winners »
Cheesy Cauliflower Recipe
I found this recipe in a magazine more than 30 years ago and have altered it over the years as a side dish. It’s always been the most popular dish at dinner parties and office pot lucks.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 4 cups shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 and 1/2 cup of mayonaise
- Core cauliflower enough to take out most of stem so that it doesn’t fall apart and the shape remains intact. Place the cauliflower in dish with small amount of water and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high until it is al dente or almost tender, approximately 10 minutes depending upon size of cauliflower.
- While cauliflower is steaming, mix remaining ingredients into a paste (should be about the consistancy of pimento cheese). Drain cauliflower and spread cheese mixture over the top and sides. Bake in a 375 oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.