Goat Cheese, Caramelized Onion, Squash Pizza: Gourmet, Home Made Pizza! Recipe
My girlfriends and I cook dinner together once a week – you will be able to find all of our excursions on my blog: CreativeConfectioneryBlog.com.
This pizza was super easy (though it took a few hours to make) and was SO incredibly delicious!
You can also substitute any squash for the acorn squash used. Butternut or Pumpkin would make it slightly sweeter, and still amazing!
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 acorn squash
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 TBSP Blue Bonnet Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups flour (whole wheat, bread or white)
- 1/2 package whole wheat yeast
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 small onions (sweet preferred)
- For the crust: combine 1/2 cup 110 degree water with yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes so that it expands. Combine with 2 cups room temp water & the oil. Next, measure out 2 cups flour & combine with 1/2 tsp salt. Combine wet & dry ingredients to form a dough ball. Place in an oiled mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and set in a warm area to rise for at least 1 hour (until double in size)
- For the toppings:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut up 1/2 acorn squash into small chunks & place on a baking pan. Place in oven until chunks are tender & easy to work with.
In the mean time, slice onions so that they’re in rings & saute them in their own juicees until they are cooked & caramelized in their natural sugars. Set aside.
- Once the squash is tender, place in a food processor & mix for about 1 minute. Add butter, milk, and salt & pepper (to taste) until you have a good consistency for sauce.
- Once dough is finished rising, knead for about 7-8 minutes by hand. Spread dough out into desired shape on a baking pan.
- Next, spread the squash sauce across the top of your pizza. Disperse onions & goat cheese (in chunks) across the top of your pizza. Sprinkle some salt & pepper, and then finally the Parmesan over the entire thing.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 40-55 minutes (depending on your oven). Take it out & enjoy!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.