Green Herb Infusion
Cool Waters: 50 Refreshing, Healthy, Homemade Thirst Quenchers
Drink this herbal tonic half an hour before exercising, or have a glass with a light lunch. The green herbs are packed full of nutrients such as beta carotene, chlorophyll, and B vitamins. I find this to be a soothing, almost addictive tonic.
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 4 cups still water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 4 to 6 fresh peppermint leaves
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 5 mustard seeds
- 1Add the lime juice and 3 cups of water to a large pitcher.
- 2Place the parsley, peppermint, basil, and mustard seeds in a blender with the remaining 1 cup water. Purée until smooth, for about 1 minute.
- 3Strain the puréed mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into the pitcher. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Excerpted from Cool Waters, by Brian Preston-Campbell © 2009, used by permission from The Harvard Common Press. Photo © 2009, by Jerry Errico from the book Cool Waters.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved