Green Herb Infusion Recipe
Drink this herbal tonic half an hour before exercising, or have a glass with a light lunch. The green herbs are packed full of nutrients such as beta carotene, chlorophyll, and B vitamins. I find this to be a soothing, almost addictive tonic.
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 4 cups still water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 4 to 6 fresh peppermint leaves
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 5 mustard seeds
- Add the lime juice and 3 cups of water to a large pitcher.
- Place the parsley, peppermint, basil, and mustard seeds in a blender with the remaining 1 cup water. Purée until smooth, for about 1 minute.
- Strain the puréed mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into the pitcher. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by